Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Little Jillian is Here!

Well, just one day after worrying to death about my wife on a road trip by herself, we have a new bouncing baby girl! Ok, maybe not bouncing, but she is so beautiful and healthy. Everything is going so smooth that we couldn't have hoped for anything better. So, to the story...

Once Laura got back from the lake, we did some work around the house to get ready for the family reunion and the Hindmarsh Family that will stay with us. Around 1 a.m. Monday we went to Mom and Dad Anderson's house to enjoy the hot tub. It made Laura feel great! So great that the next morning Jillian was ready to hop out of the oven!

Around 8 a.m. on Monday, July 5, 2010, Laura gets up for the 53rd time to pee, but this time she doesn't have any control over it. How weird, right? I'm still in bed and I hear Laura's voice call to me from the bathroom, "Garon, I think my water broke." But did I panic?? Nope! I just asked if she could still make breakfast.... Ok so maybe not, but I still didn't panic.

We gathered all our stuff together and got ready for the big day. One main thing I had to do while Laura grabbed a few odds and ends was figure out how the car seat base attached to the back seat. I admit the first attempt failed, but I got it figured out.

She started contractions around 9:30 a.m., Dr. sped them up around 11 a.m. with wonderful Pitosin which sent Laura into a very dark place that we won't talk about. Then the wonderful Epidural was administered and Laura came back to her happy place. We started to push around 4:45 p.m. and little Jillian was here at 5:49 p.m.

Again, she is so beautiful. I can't believe she is actually here. It is such a weird feeling, looking at a little human, knowing that she will come home with my wife and I for a really long time! The more I look at her the more my heart melts, so yeah I'm pretty screwed from here on out.

Here are some pictures and we will try to post more as she progresses:

6 comments:

Amanda said...

She's adorable! I love your account of the story! I like how you say she went to a deep, dark place before the epidural! :o)

Congrats guys!

Anonymous said...

Yea she's here!! Congrats Garon and Laura! She is absolutely beautiful! Laura, you're a champ!!

Laura said...

Thanks you guys! We are enjoying her. It has been a good couple of days but we are ready to go home! :)

Laura W said...

The things I miss when I am unplugged from the outside world! Congratulations to you and Garon. Awwwwwwwww pretty baby I can't wait to see her in person.
By the way what were her stats?

Zak Nyberg said...

Yay yay yay! I am so happy for you guys! She's very beautiful, and she has hair!

traci miller said...

aw she is so super cute!