Sunday, November 21, 2010

November

I can't believe it has been a full month since I last posted anything. It is crazy how time just slips away from me these days and I can't seem to get it back. I should totally be in bed right now trying to get some sleep while Jillian is in dreamland but instead I am awake and on the computer.

Jillian had her 4 month check up earlier this month and she weighed in at 17 lbs. 8.5 oz and is 26.5 inches long. She is wearing 9 month clothing, talking, playing with her feet, smiling, screaming, eating Rice cereal twice a day, slowly starting to put herself to sleep (occasionally). She has stopped sleeping all through the night for some strange reason (where did my baby go that slept until 9:00 in the morning?) She is generally in bed between 7 and 7:30 p.m. and has been waking up at 3:30 and 6:30, at 6:30 she thinks she needs to be up for the day. We generally play for a bit, she will eat some cereal, and eventually go back to sleep but it is short lived; like 45 minute short lived. Jillian feels she doesn't need to take a NAP during the day so she takes little cat naps, any ideas on how we can change this? Jillian is slowly growing out of the colic, it has been a battle but we are surviving. She now does very well for the most part during the day but the evenings (3:00 p.m. on) start getting a little rough. There are times when Garon leaves to go to school or work and Jillian wigs out, like she knows she isn't going to see him again that night, it is CRAZY and it is just enough to make me want to go crazy.

Garon is working hard to get through the semester, he is taking less hours this semester but it has been tough. Between work, school, home, and church he stays very busy and Jillian and I try to be as supportive as we can. Sometimes I have a really hard time with this because I get greedy and just want to spend some time with him.

As for myself I have finally given in and went to the chiropractor because I have had a headache for the past month solid (no joke) and my lower back has been killing me (I took a fall about 4 or 5 years ago and never got it looked at and now that I am carrying around the baby it is starting to take its toll). I went in for the evaluation last week and he was touching some places on my back and I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. I go back in tomorrow for the results of the x-rays and scans that they did, hopefully I am not too messed up to be fixed.

I was going to upload some pictures but I am on the laptop at the moment and we don't have any recent pictures on here. I will have to get on the desktop tomorrow and get some updated pictures for you all to see! :)

1 comment:

The Shields Family said...

Wow! 9 month clothes?!? She's a big girl! Going to be tall like mom and dad! Keep your chin up while Garon is gone. Believe me I know it's hard but it's all worth it in the end!