Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Well, it has been a very busy weekend but I wanted to take just a moment to post a little something because I feel the urge to do so. Easter is such a wonderful time of year and the older I am becoming the more special and dear I hold it to my heart. Not only it this a time for families to spend time together and enjoy friends. I enjoy this holiday because it is a bit more personal. This is a holiday that affects each person in an individual way.

This life is amazing and we are all so blessed to be able to participate in daily miracles. As I have gone through the Easter Sunday I have had many reflections and thoughts go through my mind. It is so hard for me to comprehend what all my Savior has done not only for my sake but for every single person. The agony and torment the Savior felt days before the crucifixion and then the loneliness as he tread the path burdened with the cross and then the wonderful blessing of Eternal Life because on the day, Easter Day, the Savior rose again. He lives, He knows us, He loves us, He understands our needs, and no matter how difficult or rocky our path may seem we will always have the comfort of our Savior by our side.

We had an Easter Contata at church this evening, "I Stand All Amazed" written by Sally DeFord and it is so moving and inspiring and I would like to take a moment to share the words of a commonly known hymn in which she added a fourth verse:

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.

Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine,
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

I think of His hands, pierced and bleeding to pay the debt,
Such mercy, such love and devotion, can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.

Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Secure in the promise of life in his victory.
So ransomed from death I will live to my Savior's praise,
And sing of his goodness and mercy through endless days.

Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

Oh it is wonderful. wonderful to me.

This hymn has always had a great impression on my heart but for some reason I have felt impressed to share with those of you who read my blog. This life is a wonderful thing and the atonement of my Savior is absolutely indescribable. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have, for knowing that I will be with my family forever and one day be able to meet my Savior face to face.

I hope you all have had a wonderful Easter Holiday as you take time to draw near to your Savior. I love you all! :)

No comments: