Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 to a close...

That is right! We have made it to the end of 2009 and it is hard to believe!  Where has the past year gone?  It was one year ago this week that Garon and I moved to AR.  It is crazy to look back and see all the things we have done.  I have been trying to recap in my mind the past year and the influences it will have on our lives as we grow older and see years to come.  Let's see...by moving to AR we were able to attend school at a lower rate, we were supplied with jobs, an income, a home, and great opportunities to meet new people.  We have been able to do some traveling back and forth to TX and we have been able to have people come visit with us.

We have had many challenges to overcome in the past year but we have done it.  It is through these trials and errors that we have grown closer together and stronger than ever.  We wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for our families and our friends.  You were all there when we needed you most, whether it be a few blocks away, miles away, or just through the phone.  We cannot express the gratitude and love we have in our hearts for each and everyone of you.  Life is an amazing thing and I am absolutely positive that we cross paths for a reason.  There are many qualities that I do not have that many others do and I am able to grow and learn by example.

I have learned a great deal of patience over the past year, still have some improvement to do but I understand that we are all individual and don't need to be like "everyone else".  It has been difficult to put this in words but it all makes sense.

So, here is a little bit of a re-cap for the past year...if there are blanks, we will fill them in later.  This is actually harder to do than I thought.

January: Started work and school in Arkansas
February:
March: Garon's 24th Birthday and we moved in to our house
April: Laura's 23rd Birthday
May:
June: 1 Year Wedding Anniversary
July: Garon's Brother TJ got married and Garon surprised me with a trip to TX to visit my cousin
August: My cousin Rachel got married and we had a house full of people for about 5 weeks
September:
October: Made a trip to Utah for the funeral of Garon's Uncle Pete
November: Thanksgiving trip to IL with Aunt Becky to see her daughter and family
December: Tis the Holiday season and we made a trip to Texas

I am kinda sad that there are blanks.  I suppose those blank months all we did was work and go to school.

No comments: