Friday, April 16, 2010

FLEET HQ

I'm so excited about my new job. Like Laura said, it was truly a blessing from the get go. I got a call from TEC, a temporary staffing agency here in town, and the lady from there said she wanted me to interview for another job. This interview was the second one in a week's time that they called me for. The first one clearly not working out.

When the call came, I was in the middle of Intermediate Accounting, a class that has totally kicked my butt this semester. I left to take the call and after talking to the TEC lady I was a little hesitant about even going to the interview because the shift they were hiring for was from 11p.m. to 7a.m. The lady did say that they could give me Monday and Wednesday off so I could get some sleep and go to class. So against my better judgment, I set up an interview for the next morning.

Well,,, going into the interview, TEC doesn't send Fleet HQ my resume, I park in the wrong parking lot, and when the gentleman before me gets out of his interview, the Head of Operations says all these wonderful things about Chesley, the gentleman in question. So in my head, I'm hoping that Chesley falls on the way out of the building and breaks his neck so I can get the job. Well, they bring me in and introduce themselves. There are three gentleman asking me questions in the interview. We get talking about the company and what they do. Basically, when I trucker gets a flat tire, they call Fleet HQ's solution center here in Fort Smith, and we do everything we can to get them back on the road as soon as possible. They go into the history of the company, how they started with only 8 people in 2008 and have since grown into a staff of 60 people and counting.

The interview went amazingly well! Travis, the trainer, asked only 3 questions out of the 15 on his generic interview sheet. Mike, the Head of Operations said, "This is the second one I have felt really good about today. I'm going to call it. Be here Monday morning at 7:45." SWEETNESS!!!

The first week of training has went very smoothly! Everyone has been very professional and great to work with. The environment is perfect, handling the calls is a little stressful at times, but for the most part it goes very well due to the hard work and strategy that the company has put into place to move the calls along. And they hire for corporate from within their own company. I'm so very happy to have this job!

Now to focus on the next set of good news, I successfully managed to get onto Second Shift. This shift runs from 2:30p.m. - 11p.m. They have said I can have Tuesdays and Thursdays off for the next three weeks and that is sooo much better than working the graveyard shift. Everything has been getting so much better it's almost too good to be true.

The Lord has truly blessed us when we where all out of options. Just goes to show that you have to put your faith in the Lord and take that blind step of faith.

1 comment:

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

Yay for the new job!!!