Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life's Journeys

Well, I have not blogged in a while and not a lot has gone on so here I am. It is a wonderful, beautiful, fall afternoon and we are just enjoying our time one with another. Garon and I have been staying pretty busy but with just the normal routine things. We are approaching the holiday season and we are figuring out what to do, how to do it, and at the same time we continue to find deeper meaning for everything.

We will be making a trip to IL for Thanksgiving which we are pretty excited about. My cousin lives up there and has no family around so it will be a great thing to be able to help her out a bit.

For Christmas we will be going down to Texas. We miss all of our great friends and family down south but I must say the weather is much better up here.

For New Years, we don't have anything too exciting as of right now, I am sure we will come up with something though.

It is crazy to think that the year 2009 is coming to a fast close. Where has time gone and what have we done. I have been thinking about the past year and the things I have accomplished, the things I should have accomplished, and the many great moments I have shared with those around us. In October we were able to make a trip to Utah and I absolutely loved it. We were going on not so great circumstances but it was such a humbling and self-fulfilling experience.

My life is truly blessed to have some really wonderful people in it. I know that when things get difficult and the way a little weary there is always somebody or something I can lean up on. This life is a grand adventure and I am so happy to be here, to wake up in the morning and to witness the growth of others. As Chicken Little says it, "Today is a new day".

I am so grateful for Garon and the companionship which he offers. I am "one of the lucky ones". I never imagined how great it would be to have somebody by my side who would hold me up through the darkest of darks and rejoice in the happiest moments. Thank you Garon. Over the past year and a half we have seen a lot, been through a lot, and have managed to help each other along as we wondered the path of our journey.

Everything seems to be pretty much same old same old.

No comments: