Saturday, February 20, 2010

Funny Story

Tonight was had our Saturday session of Stake Conference which was really good but the funny story comes from the after party.

Following conference we went with a few friends to Braums for dinner/dessert.  We had a great time with lots of laughs.  The best part was when our buddy Geoff started making comments about kids and how hard it can be at times but also how wonderful they are.  He was telling us that one day we would soon figure this out for ourselves.  We let the conversation go on for a bit and Garon's grin just kept getting bigger and bigger, finally he makes the comment to the entire group that "Come March 1st we will know if it is a boy or girl".  Everyone just kind of paused for a moment and then kept asking if we were for real.  It was a wonderful evening and it is so great to have such great friends (we really do need to get together a little more often)! :) 

So yes, for those of you following, we will indeed find out if we go pink or blue on March 1st, that is if the little one really wants to share.  We are getting pretty excited as time passes.  It has gone by pretty quick so far.  We are currently at 19 weeks just a few days away from 20 and things seem to be going great.  Every once in a while I get a smell coming my way that I don't like but it usually goes away rather quickly.  I just have to space out the time between Garon and I in the restroom...if you know what I mean.  

Over all the pregnancy has gone very smoothly, not too much sickness, and the tiredness kind of comes in waves.  I find that when I get up and get going I tend to have a lot more energy than when I just sit around and try to motivate myself, kind of strange but it works.  

I have outgrown most of my "normal" pants, I can still get them on but I can't exactly button them, I do the rubber band trick but sometimes it just isn't comfortable.  When I am home I put on the big pants and loose t-shirts but I do try to dress properly when I leave the house.  

Hmmmmm, I don't really know what else to put at this point, that kind of catches me up for the blogging world for now.

1 comment:

Liz and Jared said...

Hi Laura! This is Liz Reber. I just stumbled across your blog and saw you were expecting! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Motherhood truly is the greatest blessing and I know you will be such a fantastic mother! I am so glad your pregnancy has been smooth sailing so far and I hope it continues to be. If you're ever in Fayetteville, I'd love to see you!