Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wyatt Eugene Tidwell

I am a little late in doing this post but the Tidwell Family has a new addition! :)
Friday, October 28, 2011 proved to be a very productive day.  This particular morning we went out running errands and what not all while I was having lots of pressure every time I took a step, stood up, or sat down.  I am going to back track a little bit back to Tuesday the 25th; I went to labor and deliver this night because I had been having contractions all night Monday and all day Tuesday.  We went in around 9:00 or so and turns out the contractions were 3 minutes apart.  I thought this was great news except my cervix wasn't exactly cooperating.  I entered the hospital dilated to a 2 and left around 1:30 a.m. with progressing only to a 3.  Needless to say they gave me a shot of morphine and sent me on my way.

Now, back to Friday...I was having lots of pressure and a few contractions here and there but nothing major. We decided to go into the hospital around 3:00 p.m. even though I wasn't in "pain".  I get settled in and the nurse comes in to check me and see what was going on, I was dilated to a 5! At this point we knew today was the day.

We move from an observation room to a labor room, not much is going on.  I am all hooked up to monitors, Garon is watching t.v. and we are just hanging out.  
 In these two pictures we are just chilling in the room.  I am having inconsistent contractions and things are pretty easy.  We kept at this pace until about 7:00 p.m. when the doctor came in to break my water and the pitocin  really got going.  
 Garon took a little nap before everything got a little crazy.  I must say that he did deserve it!
 At 9:37 p.m. Wyatt Eugene Tidwell entered this world.  
Height: 20 inches
Weight: 6 lbs 14 oz





 Jillian came to visit and she absolutely adores her little brother.  
Sorry for the blurry picture, she kept moving and trying to get the camera so we will have to work on some more.


All in all, I must say it was a pretty easy labor and delivery.  Having a 6 lbs baby is so much easier than a 9 pounder.  We are so excited to have little Wyatt here in our home and a part of our family.  

1 comment:

Jacee said...

love him! can't wait to see them together :)